Everyone has run into the question at some point; "Is it safe for my 11 year old or prepubescent athlete to train?". One of my former colleagues ask for some research to help his parents at the high school buy into the program. I wanted to share with everyone the articles that I shared with him to help aid his fight.
- 2010 NSCA Position Statment
- Injury Trends and Prevention in Youth Resistance Training
- Issues in Training Youth That Impact High School
- Long Term Athletic Development and Its Application
- The Youth Physical Development Model
- Preparing Athletes for High School Strength and Conditioning
- Promoting Musculoskeletal Fitness in Youth